About UsMy Health My Resources of Tarrant County (MHMR) is the second-largest community center in Texas. Our services include:
- Mental Health
- Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Addiction / Substance Use
- Child and Family Services
- Early Childhood Intervention (ECI)
- Criminal Justice Support
WhyOur mission statement is We Change Lives. We CARE:
- We Connect People in Our Community
- We Provide Access to Services
- We Link People to Resources
- We Empower People
- Respect for people who are active in planning their services
- Recovery as a life-long process of better health
- Success as positive outcomes for each person
- Participation of people and their families in the process
- Inclusion in the community through services that promote growth and independence
- Safe, ethical, and cost-effective services
- Best practices in current research in medical, psychosocial and organizational fields
- Collaboration with other organizations for better services
MHMR has five Community Advisory Committees:
- Children’s Behavioral Health
- Adult Behavioral Health
- Disability Services
- Early Childhood Wellness Council
The committees advise the Board of Trustees on:
- Contract issues
- Priorities for service area and the community MHMR center
- Implementation of plans and contracts
At least 50 percent of the committee must be people we serve and/or family members, except ECI.
Meeting Times: (locations vary)
Adult Behavioral Health
1st Wednesday, Noon, Quarterly
Children’s Behavioral Health
1st Tuesday, 9 a.m., Quarterly
3rd Thursday, Noon, Quarterly
Disability Services (DS)
1st Tuesday, noon, every other month
Early Childhood Wellness Council
1st Tuesday, 11 a.m., every other month
The Board of Trustees solicits applications for Community Advisory Committee membership. Interested citizens are asked to complete a formal application, along with a letter of intent and/or resume.
MHMR of Tarrant County is a local unit of government — not a state, federal or county agency. We are the second-largest of 39 community centers in Texas.
We are located at more than 50 sites across Tarrant and surrounding counties in North Texas.
We have more than 1,500 employees. Our employees help change lives. We are always looking for new nurses, doctors, licensed clinicians, service coordinators, therapists and many others to fill important jobs for entry-level and career professionals that make a difference in people’s lives. Go to our jobs page
Fees for all programs are assessed based on our funding sources and ability to pay.
Charitable contributions to MHMR are allowable deductions for federal income tax purposes as set forth under Paragraph 170(c)(1) of the IRS Code.
You also can make tax-deductible donations to the MHMR Foundation, a 501(c)3.
Translation services are available for MHMR patients.