MHMR provides training and staff development to its employees. Our training center is located at 3800 Hulen Street, Fort Worth Texas, 76107
Training also is offered to the general public and online community in a classroom, on site and online.
- Mental Health First Aid (MHFA)
- First Aid, AED, CPR Adult/Child (American Heart Association)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Instructor Certification
- Applied Suicidal Intervention Skills Training (ASIST)
- Client Rights
- Physical, Verbal and Containment Intervention
Satori Alternative to Managing Aggression (SAMA)
- Standard TAC rule trainings, and online courses for Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
- Abuse/ Neglect
Mental Health First Aid
What is Mental Health First Aid?
Mental Health First Aid is the initial help offered to a person developing a mental health or substance use challenge or experiencing a mental health crisis. The first aid is given until appropriate treatment and support are received or until the crisis resolves.
We currently offer classes virtually and in-person. We also have specialized trainings available for veterans and adults who work with youth.
What Participants Learn
- Risk factors and warning signs of mental health and substance use challenges.
- Information on depression, anxiety, trauma, psychosis, and substance use.
- A 5-step Action Plan to help someone who is developing a mental health challenge or is experiencing a crisis.
- Available evidence-based professional, peer, and self-help resources.
Mental Health First Aid Action Plan
- Assess for risk of suicide or harm.
- Listen nonjudgmentally.
- Give reassurance and information.
- Encourage appropriate professional help.
- Encourage self-help and other support strategies.
Who needs to know Mental Health First Aid?
- School Staff
- Camp Counselor
- Youth Group Leaders
- Adults who work with Youth
- Police Officers
- Hospital Staff
- First Responders
- Caring Individuals
If you would like to attend or schedule a training, please contact MHFA@mhmrtc.org or call 817-569-5299.
Adult Mental Health First Aid Training
We have trained:
- Doctors and nurses
- Social workers
- Chemical dependent workers
- Professional counselors
- Marriage and family therapists
- Direct care workers
- Addiction workers
- Early Childhood Intervention workers
- Medical professionals
- Child care workers
- Group home workers
- Mental health workers
- Individuals working with people with intellectual and developmental delays
- Support and clerical workers
- Hospital workers
- Individuals in the community
To learn more and register: