What is Exploitation?
Exploitation is the illegal or improper act of using a person or their resources for monetary or personal benefit, profit or gain, by an employee, agent or contractor.
- A client performing a job function for the staff
- A client purchasing items for the staff
- Staff using a client’s money for staff’s personal use
- Staff receiving a valuable item from the client
- Staff using a client’s identity for personal gain
The Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) has the authority to investigate all allegations of physical and sexual abuse involving Early Childhood Development, Mental Health and Intellectual Developmental Disabilities programs at MHMRTC.
Client abuse at MHMRTC is governed by The Texas Administrative Code – Title 40 – Part 19 – Chapter 711.