Pre-admission Screening and Resident Review (PASRR) is a federally mandated program that requires all states to pre-screen all individuals seeking admission to a Medicaid certified nursing facility.
PASRR must be administered to identify:
- Individuals with Mental Illness (MI), Intellectual Disability (ID) or Developmental Disability (DD)/ Related Conditions (RC)
- Eligibility for Medical Necessity in a nursing facility
- Eligibility for Specialized Services
The purpose of the screen is to:
- Determine whether an individual identified as having evidence or an indication of mental illness, intellectual disability, or developmental disability.
The purpose of the PASRR Evaluation is to:
- Determine if the individual meets a PASRR qualifying diagnosis based on the Code of Federal Regulations
- To identify alternate placement options when applicable and to identify specialized services that may benefit the individual
- Local Authority (MHMR) refers to agencies that contract with the state to provide services for persons with intellectual, developmental disabilities or a related condition
Resources for PASRR Information:
- The PASRR program is under the purview of the Department of Aging and Disability (DADS).
If these links do not answer your questions, contact us:
- Mental health: 817-688-1484
- IDD: 817-569-5696