Appointed December 2001
COO/Community Outreach Director
for Ware and Associates, Inc.
MHMR BOARD SERVICE
- Board Chair 2006-07, appointed by
Precinct #1 Commissioner Roy Brooks
- Program Committee, Chair - present
- Business Committee
- Technology Committee
Theodis (T.) Ware graduated from Morehouse University in 1967 and
then went on to earn his post-certification in Physical Therapy from the
University of Pennsylvania. He served as the Director of Rehabilitation
Services at Fort Worth Children’s Hospital and managed the physical
therapy department at Harris Methodist Hospital before starting his own
private practice. Governor Ann Richards appointed him to the Texas
Board of Physical Therapy Examiners in 1993. In 1997, he was elected as
Chairman of the Board of Physical Therapy Examiners, becoming the first
African-American to be elected as presiding officer of that board.
Other Community Service:
- Crime Prevention Resource Center of Tarrant County
- Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention, Inc.
- Friends of Public Library
- Casa Mañana
- Non-Profit Service Center