Tobacco dependence is the leading cause of illness and death in the United States today. More than 430,000 Americans die each year as a result of tobacco use, and more than 50,000 more die as a result of second-hand smoke.
The Tobacco Cessation Program will help you increase your confidence, learn effective problem-solving skills, anticipate triggers, lessen withdrawal symptoms, maintain motivation, increase social support and avoid weight gain.
Treatment is effective and can make a huge difference in your health and the health of our community.
Treatment will address three areas of recovery:
- Physical - tobacco treatment medications, relaxation techniques, coping with cravings
- Behavioral - clarify and prioritize goals, develop a personal coping plan
- Cognitive - change old thinking patterns, develop a recovery support network, enhance motivation
The General Public program includes:
- Four group sessions to:
- Discuss nicotine addiction
- Assess quit status, emotional state
- Assess use of Nicotine Replacement Therapy (use of stop-smoking medications)
- Assess motivation to remain smoke- free and reinforce your success
- One individual counseling session
- Nicotine replacement therapy available
Qualified Credentialed Counselors
Spanish Speaking Services